Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vic Vorlon existed six years before Eve did

My personalized license plates from SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO!

Well, here's a surprising blast from the past!  My parents are visiting from Australia and brought a few artifacts from the deep corners of the garage. These were my personalized number plates, created in 1997.

I was, and still am, a big fan of Babylon 5, and was able to get "VORLON" license plates. I even made a website for people to post other B5 related plates. I left Australia in 2000, left the car and plates to my parents and left it at that.

I created my Eve account, and character "Vic Vorlon" TOTALLY without thinking of these plates! Vic seemed like a nice short name (it's also my Dad's name) and Vorlon pointed to B5, and the alliteration sounded a little bit Golden-Age-Of-Science-Fiction.

Well, the plates show up and, because I was in the state of Victoria, abbreviation "VIC", Vic Vorlon was already out there six years before Eve even launched!

No comments:

Post a Comment