Monday, April 21, 2014

Keep On Keeping On

Life in Eve has continued in the same vein, one that I'm very happy with. My main character has over 10M skill points now and can do some serious damage with guns. I'm getting a lot of his main skills up to level 4 now, taking a little advice from the ISIS system and also from our corporate doctrine fits.  My sideline activities of Planetary Interaction and T1 manufacturing of items for our doctrine ships has settled into a good rhythm. I've filled out my P.I roster in Fliet. It's now the three barren worlds making P4 items, a coolant planet that I supply with water (it only has to make its own Electrolytes), and a world making a couple of P2 inputs for another guy in corp.

We took a couple of cruiser fights last night against Eve University. We were on our way to another system when we ran into E-Uni on a gate in Fliet, but that engagement didn't go our way. Their numbers increased, our logi couldn't hold up and the gate guns hit us pretty hard. Also one of the Vexor pilots in our fleet, a non-Aideron pilot, refused to fight them because they were "blue" (excellent standing) to him! He was ejected from the fleet shortly afterwards; if you join a fleet, you're committing yourself to help them. You can't land in a fight and refuse to shoot, especially if it's a tough fight!

We lost about 300M ISK of ships, but re-shipped, added more logi and more focused ECM and re-engaged them in Nag. After some interesting cat'n'mouse by both sides trying to get the fight started to our advantage they fly into us at the sun. And we won! We killed 6 Vexor Navy Issues each worth about 100M ISK. I have some video from the fight which I'll edit and share with you soon.

Lost Drone Retrieval

In my solo time I've been making note of systems which have a lot of lost drones in them, as we fly through them on roams, and returning to those systems in my "Hawkeye" Imicus to find those drones and rescue them. Poor little guys, trying their best to help you and left cold and alone in the dark.  I picked up about 15M worth of T2 drones in a relaxing hour or so. It's an exercise that combines d-scan and probing, so it's good practice.

I fly to a safe spot in the system, launch probes and cloak up. Then I use d-scan to work out roughly where the T2 drones are, within a 60 degree cone, and their distance from me; the tactical display is useful here, to make sure you're searching the sky thoroughly. Then I probe that area starting at an 8 AU diameter. You could bring salvage drones too, in case you find any T2 wrecks (i.e those with "Elite" in the description, which give you Tech 2 salvage, potentially worth millions each)

[Imicus, Hawkeye]
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Co-Processor I
Co-Processor I

Limited 1MN Afterburner I
Scan Acquisition Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]
Expanded Probe Launcher I, Combat Scanner Probe I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
[empty rig slot]
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

To Do List

Like many other people I've made an Eve To Do document that I update as ideas and opportunities come to me. For someone like me with limited time to play, it helps to do what I can in advance. For example, for my PI work I needed to know how much of each input to load into the launchpad during a supply run. I did that math when the opportunity arose, then when I was able to actually get into the game, I did the run without any doubt about what to do. Similar work should be done with manufacturing - it's a spreadsheeter's dream - to make sure you're building the right thing. I also keep notes on which of my sales orders are running low so I can schedule more production in advance and move the goods when the opportunity to log in next comes around.

Tales of The Blindingly Obvious, I know, but hopefully this helps someone better plan their activities in Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment