Friday, October 25, 2013

Taking the Algos Destroyer out for a spin


My very generous corpmates gave me a Tristan and Algos last night to take into Heydelies for some plexing. The system we captured a short while ago has been aggressively plexed by the Caldari and their allies and stood at 45% contested. If they continue at this pace they'll recapture Heyd by next week!  We decided to try and roll the clock back a little ways. When the dust settled we had managed to take two plexes.

Our first attempt nearly ended in instant failure. We got this Merlin, but a well-known Eve video streamer called Hershman showed up (4h31m here and again at 4h40m, where he tries to lock me! Luckily I was running away at the time! He also talks to our Ashterothi at 4h45m) in a powerful 465 DPS Enyo and broke us up. We ran and re-docked, switching into Algos destroyers. I said on comms that I was nervous about losing this, the most expensive ship I'd flown, and Ash told me he'd blow it up if I kept saying that :) It's about 17M ISK, which is small beans to a corp.

Hershman was gone by the time we got back to Heydelies, but we found a gang of four and caught them at the Heyd gate next door in Abune. Kyle had gotten them to aggress, which (I think?) kept them from jumping through to Heyd . It was a satisfying, but quick, fight -- lots of Hobgoblin IIs can make short work of an Incursus, Thrasher, Thrasher and Merlin.  I picked up all the loot (26M ISK) and dropped it in a corporate hanger (I promise!).

I lucked out at found 2 data sites and a relic site in our home system and they yielded about 30M in loot.

Antimatter

In trade news, I've found that creating a region-wide buy order for Antimatter Charge S results in a LOT of Antimatter coming your way! Most of it comes to 2 or 3 systems so it is easy to create a sell order at that system and make an almost-instant 50% profit without having to undock. How? You need the Marketing skill, and Daytrading too, which allows you to change order prices so you can follow the market as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment